Friday, February 3, 2017

CFS Release - Gift Card Holders + A DISCOVERY on Using Punch Boards

Two exciting things in this post: 1) a super fun set of sentiments releasing from CAS-ual Fridays, and 2) a revelation on adjusting envelope sizes when using the envelope punch board!  
 First things first! This new Frankly'isms set is made to go with the previously released Scallop Tags, but you can absolutely use them on their own. They are the perfect size for stamping on the outside of gift card holders. Let's face it, not many people are going to be keeping a gift card holder afterwards, like they would a card, so why spend a ton of time on them?! These sayings are just right for making your gift cards fun and unique, while taking just a minute to stamp.
They were so quick and easy, I ended up making a dozen of them! Just to have on hand. Why not?!

Love all the funny sayings. "You should know I'm secretly wishing this was all mine" often applies to me : )
 
Now for my recent discovery. I am fully admitting, "discovery" is a pretty dramatic word once you hear what it is, but I've always been in such a hurry to make the darn envelope that I never stopped to figure this out.
 Are you ever disappointed in the size of your envelope after following the guidelines on the envelope punch board? For gift cards, my punch board says to take a 5" x 5" paper and score at 2". Well I'm sorry, but that's really not the right size for a gift card. It is barely tall enough to close, and has a ton of space on the ends. 
 
I found that as you increase the scoring measurement, your envelope becomes more tall and narrow.
  
I was so excited, I wrote this on the actual board in permanent marker so I don't forget it!
Here you can see the different results I got by changing where I made the first score. Somewhere around 2 1/16" ended up being just right. Now maybe you all know this, and I'm just behind on things, but I thought it would be helpful to someone!
     
     We've just got one day left to share the new CAS-ual Fridays collection. Feel free to use my code "KELLY2017" which will save you 15% off any purchases, including this new release, at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.
 
Thanks for stopping; I'll be back tomorrow!
-Kelly
 
 




7 comments:

  1. Great tip...thanks so much for sharing. Love your envies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun set of sentiments, and a great hint on the punch board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I passed on the punch board, but I can see that it would truly come in handy when making custom sized envelopes ... and I can see that they can't stump you, Kelly!! and I am all about the words, so this sentiment set is awesome! ... and Biaggi's? Yes, please! Isn't that the wonderful restaurant that has the buy one, take one meals? Yum!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set would be perfect for my four 18 year old grandchildren. Gift cards is all they want and I'm sure they'd get a kick out of the sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I need this set in my life. Just the right amount of sass 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the fun sentiments and thanks for the tip on the envelope. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly