Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Sweet" Birthday Card [PTI Color Challenge]


Another anniversary challenge from Papertrey Ink. This one is to use a color scheme from one of the designers and create a card. Perfect, we have a birthday party for a super-special six-year-old this weekend!

The cone has 6 toppings. I was debating about labeling them 1,2,3,4,5,6 or with the actual years, but decided that would just be too busy. So I put a "6" behind the ice cream cone.


This color scheme is put together by the fabulous Betsy Veldman.


The white label is wrapped around the card, which gives me a good place to use a "from the heart" stamp on the back.


This was a good challenge for me, as I don't normally use more than a few colors on any one project.


I was reminded by some other fantastic cards posted in the PTI galleries to do a small design on the inside too. When you think of it, the inside accounts for half the real estate of the visible portions of a card, right?

The card base is embossed with the Woodgrain impression plate.


Here's the card without the number on top. The "simple" side of me prefers it this way, but I do need to branch out!

Thanks so much for looking!

Supply List:
PTI Sweet As Can Be Stamp and Die
PTI Card Stock
PTI Woodgrain Impression Die
PTI By The Numbers Die
American Crafts Texture Stamp
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die

1 comment:

  1. These ice cream cones are just adorable Kelly! Love the bright colors. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly